Think you know what a sustainable product is? At Viñedos Veramonte, we believe it’s much more than a trend, and is a way to be an intelligent and sensible consumer. Here, we have 5 reasons why sustainable products are your best option.
What is Sustainability?
This might be the first question you’re asking yourself. According to the Brundtland Report, “Our Common Future,”as shown by ProChile, it’s development that satisfies current needs without compromising the possibility that future generations may also satisfy theirs.
The principles of the sustainable philosophy are based on caring for the environment, and whose objective is to not only ensure the healthy growth of the workers and communities where they belong, but also the entire production and distribution chain of a company’s products, in a way that minimizes the impact on the environment.
Thus said, it’s a topic that goes beyond one trend or product in particular. Sustainability includes various important factors that we sometimes pass over, like understanding the process a product goes through, from beginning to end. The good news is that wine can be a sustainable product: Chilean winemaking companies, like Viñedos Veramonte, are making this kind of product in order to reduce the environmental impact, while also meeting the needs of conscientious consumers.
5 Reasons to choose a sustainable product
1. The majority of sustainable products do not harm the environment as they tend to cause a lesser negative impact, including a process free of chemical pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides that are used in non-sustainable processes. Sustainable industries take into consideration and pay special attention to the complete life cycle of a product, from its origin to the end of its cycle, and in the case of organic wineries, this includes minimizing the processes of fumigation and contamination with chemical products.
2. Fomenting biodiversity. Sustainable products are cultivated in nutrient-rich and natural soils. This means the fields are full of life, with an absence of preservatives and man-made yeasts, like the terroirs of Casablanca that employ these better practices.
3. Sustainable products tend to be healthier, and with better flavor, thanks to the organoleptic characteristics they develop. Following the winemaking example, unlike traditional wine, sustainable wines bring new sensations and aromas you might not have experienced with traditional wines. But, it doesn’t mean that sustainable, organic wines are completely free of sulfites: depending on the legislation of each country, the levels may be either significantly lower than in a traditional wine, or completely nonexistent.
4. Sustainable products are a source of support for the community. Sustainable products mean special consideration for future generations, and they also value the hard work of the producers during the entire production and distribution process. In this sense, they have a dual focus, as unlike purely environmentally-focused products, sustainable products offer eco-intelligent solutions.
5. They adapt to your lifestyle. Sustainable products are often the ideal companion for conscientious and proactive people. You don’t have to be an eco-friendly guru to take advantage of them: choosing a sustainable product means you’re not only choosing the product, but probably adapting your lifestyle to your values, beliefs, and principles as a responsible consumer.
As you can see, the reasons to choose a sustainable product are so much more than reducing the environmental impact on today. As a consumer, you have the power to turn toward a healthier lifestyle, including that of your children and future generations, choosing products made conscientiously, responsibly, and locally, and without a doubt you can reduce your impact progressively and significantly.
Are you ready to try some?
You may also be interested
wines Assembly Conceptos del vino Valle de Colchagua